There is a field trip that everyone looks forward to in Preschool and Kindergarten at the school our kids attend. It always takes place in the fall and we wish for nice weather because….COLORADO! This field trip is to a local working farm called Miller Farms. This is located in Platteville, which is north of Denver. The whole objective of this trip is to have the kids see a working farm and learn to harvest their own vegetables.
This year was a bit different for us because now that Jude is in grade school, he does not come a long for this trip. While we were really sad about this, it was a great day for Jeremy and I to have some one on one time with Teagan.
Tips For Visiting Miller Farms in Platteville Colorado:
- Wear old clothing and shoes – the fields may be muddy
- Bring canvas bags/reusable bags – veggies are heavy, the plastic bags available at the farm tear easily
- Bring gardening tools and gloves
- Wear bug spray and sunscreen
- Have kids use the restrooms before heading out to the fields
- Mornings can be very busy with school field trips, think about an afternoon visit
- Pack a lunch and hang out after your field experience
For more information on Miller Farms visit their Website.
Have you visited a pick your own produce farm like Miller Farms before?