How do we do this? Simply pick up some of your favorite Hot Cocoa and start enjoying some quiet fun time at home with your family. My kids start asking for hot cocoa the moment the holiday season begins, honestly in the past I have made them a cup and moved on to my holiday to do list. This year, I am doing this differently. My kids don’t just want me to hand them the hot cocoa, they want me to spend time with them in the holiday elements.
This time of there usually means a busy time of year. Most of the activities and traditions that we schedule out are great, family filled fun but the fact is, we are rushing through this season and forgetting to stop and enjoy a delicious cup of hot cocoa. Have you thought of that? Look at your schedule, what is on the list? Lots of holiday traditions but are you truly enjoying those traditions and taking the time with your kids to make even more meaningful memories? Yeah, me either. To achieve this doesn’t take much. Clear the crazy, stop the bustle and enjoy that cup of hot cocoa with your family.
Alright, now that we have our perfect cup of hot cocoa it is time to enjoy some family time. I don’t know about your kids but my kids love marshmallows in their cocoa. I decided that while we had this time at home we would do a little food crafting. Turned on the Christmas tree lights, lit a holiday themed candle and told google to play holiday music…mood set!
Our fun holiday themed food craft involved marshmallows and chocolate AND our Stephen’s Cocoa. I am so happy with how these adorable Snowmen Marshmallows turned out. The kids loved helping me make them but loved enjoying them in their hot cocoa even more. What started as a simple cup of cocoa with the family turned into a special treat filled with so many memories.
Black frosting or gel
Mini chocolate chips
Small orange candies
1. Carefully skewer 3 large marshmallows keeping them pretty close together.
2. Make sure to keep the skewer hidden on top of the marshmallow and cut the end of the skewer off with scissors. ***IMPORTANT – remind your kids or guests that the skewer is in the snowman!!!***
3. Twist pretzel sticks into the middle marshmallow for arms.
4. Begin decorating your snowman using the black frosting or gel. Add eyes and a mouth.
5. Press orange candy into the marshmallow for a nose.
6. Add 3 dots of black gel or frosting on the middle marshmallow, carefully add mini chocolate chips on top of the wet gel.
7. Prepare your Stephen’s Gourmet Cocoa and carefully place the marshmallow snowman in your cup.
8. Eventually the marshmallows will “melt” away and you will be left with just the candy and wooden skewer. ENJOY!!
Once we had our snowman marshmallows all complete we set them in our hot cocoa for a chocolate bath! Such a fun afternoon with my kids. Not only did we get some craft time, but after our craft was over we sat in our living room with our lit tree and enjoyed our hot cocoa over some family conversations. This holiday hustle and bustle break was so needed and reminded me that these simple moments are just as important as those big holiday traditions on the calendar.
Gosh these guys are adorable. I am so ready for another simple hot cocoa moment with my family. Who knows…maybe this will turn into our favorite holiday moment?
Post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!