Disclosure: This is sponsored post in collaboration with Bays English Muffins and REACHORB. I was compensated for this experience; all opinions are my own.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
6 pounds apples – peeled, cored and sliced (I used Fuji and Honey Crisp apples for this recipe)
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1TBSP ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Put the apple slices in a slow cooker.
4. Cook in slow cooker on low for about 10 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
6. Use an immersion blender to puree the apple butter until smooth.
7. Use immediately or keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to two months. Can also be frozen! Enjoy on your Bays English Muffins.
There are four different varieties of Bays English Muffins to use in your recipes or with your favorite spreads. Original, Sourdough, Multi-Grain and Honey Wheat. You will find them in your grocer’s refrigerated case next to the eggs – not in the bread aisle. Time to stock up and get cooking!
A Holiday Sweepstakes
To make the holiday season a little brighter, you can enter to win a $200 gift card every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas during the Jingle All the Bays English Muffin event. That will certainly help you with your holiday shopping! No purchase necessary. Enter the sweepstakes from November 24 – December 23, 2017 on Bays Facebook page. That’s 30 gift cards in 30 days! Official rules are at bays.com. And, don’t forget to ‘LIKE’ Bays’ Facebook page, to share your Bays creations and pick up some new ideas.
Recipes for Holiday Gatherings – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Appetizers and Snacks:
You can also start cookin’ something new and tasty…Bays delicious holiday recipes. Keep in mind, Bays English Muffins can be enjoyed for any meal – not just breakfast!
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Skillet French Toast – The aroma makes your home smell divine
- Bays Classic French Toast– Boring bread for French Toast? Try English muffins instead
- Mattina Toscana – Egg sandwiches are all the rage any time of day
- Avocado-Mango Smear with Pepitas– A nice lunch or snack after touch football
- Gorgonzola and Pear Pizza – Mini pizzas atop English muffins please any crowd
- Savory Cheese Appetizers – Cheese spreads on top of toasted English muffins will please guests
- Antipasti Platter – Who doesn’t like meat, cheese and toasted Bays instead of crackers?
- Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake Spread – An afternoon holiday snack after sledding