This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #FallforBigelow #CollectiveBias
Love to get cozy with a nice cup of tea and a warm blanket as the season changes? Brew your favorite tea and get crafty and make this easy DIY No-Sew Cozy Blanket.
Ready to get cozy with a nice cup of tea and a warm blanket as the season changes? Make sure you hover over the image above to click through to buy your favorite Bigelow Tea from Walmart.com.
Fall Time = Tea Time
Bigelow Tea is my favorite hot tea to enjoy any time of the year but during the fall and winter I really rely on it to help me warm up and give me that overall cozy feeling. Bigelow Tea is American made and is my #1 choice of tea, not just because I love the quality and taste of their teas but also because I love that they value their consumers. Bigelow Tea has shown me that they are the tea brand I can rely on. They are a Family company of three generations that pride themselves with freshness, United States manufacturing, quality tea and ingredients.
I have drank Bigelow Tea for years and have a few favorites like Vanilla Chai and Lemon Ginger but when I get in that cozy mood I always go for a nice cup of Earl Grey. I love the aroma and the taste, honestly it is a tea flavor that can be enjoyed at anytime of the day as well. Last week I decided to pick up another seasonal flavor, Toasted Coconut Almond Bark, oh my goodness! Such a treat! I cannot wait to share this flavor with any guests we have over the holidays. It will be a crowd pleaser for sure!
To really kick up that cozy feeling I decided to get crafty and make a few cozy blankets for the upcoming fall and winter seasons. I am so happy with how they tuned out and cannot wait to share how you can make your own no-sew cozy blanket!
How To Make Your Own No-Sew Cozy Blanket
As I have said before, I am not a sewing gal. My mom attempted to teach me when I was younger but I just did not have any interest in it at all. So here I am, an adult, that still asks my mom to help me sew hems and buttons! Yup…there is a fun fact about me you probably didn’t know. But, even without any sewing skills I have found ways to do things in a no-sew fashion, including this super cozy blanket that is perfect for the chilly fall evenings.
Materials Needed For Project:
- 2-3 yards of high quality fleece fabric
Instructions To Make This Easy No-Sew Blanket:
1. For my blanket I knew that I wanted a large blanket so I purchased three yards of this beautiful Luxe Fleece Fabric. Three yards created a large blanket that can be cozy for more than one person! Perfect for those chilly weekends when we have a movie night with the kids.
2. To start this process I unfolded the fabric and spread it out flat on the floor. This allowed me to see if it was cut straight on the edges. I found a few areas that needed to be trimmed to make the blanket square.
3. Thankfully, when I picked this plaid flannel it made the whole measuring and cutting process even easier. I cut each rectangle section of plaid into strips. Cut into the fabric up about 6 inches.
4. Once each section was cut I then cut the fabric into 1/2 inch strips. For my blanket this meant that for each rectangle section of plaid I was able to make 4 strips.
5. Once all of the edges are cut, two by two tie strips into knots. These knots should be tight but not too tight, do not tear the fabric when tying knots.
6. After all of the knots are tied, cozy up, make yourself some tea and enjoy these chilly fall evenings all snuggled in your no-sew blanket!
I really lucked out and found this super high quality fleece on sale so this little craft turned out to be quite the money saver too! I have to tell you, ever since I made these blankets the whole family have been enjoying some cozy evenings on the couch watching movies or reading books. Might be making a few more for the kids this weekend!
Perfect way to spend a chilly day in my opinion.
You can find Bigelow Tea in the tea and coffee aisle at Walmart. While you are there, make sure you check out some of the fabric available to make your own easy no-sew cozy blanket.
STAY SOCIAL WITH BIGELOW TEA: