Today we have a 9 year old in the house. As I sit here and write this I really cannot believe that 9 years ago we were hanging out in the hospital waiting for baby Jude to come and meet us for the first time. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. There was so much excitement, happiness and anxiousness in that birthing room but man it was filled with love.
Happy 9th Birthday Jude!
Today we are celebrating you, Turtle. Today we are excited to see what the year holds for you. From the moment first snuggled you took a special place in our hearts. You are a blessing and the reason we are called Mom and Dad. While your anxiety and sensitive nature drives us crazy sometimes, we are quickly reminded at how these characteristics are what make Jude our JUDE! You are empathetic, so incredibly smart, creative and silly.
Things We Do Not Want To Forget
- You are nearing 5 feet tall…doctor wellness appointment coming soon.
- You are going into 3rd grade
- You LOVE to read – on book 50 currently for 2019!
- Harry Potter, Pokemon and Superheros are your thing!
- You enjoy learning how to code.
- You have won 2 medals in fencing tournaments.
- You enjoyed theater this year at school.
- Your favorite color is still yellow.
- You love hanging out with Dad and Grandpa.
- You still need some cuddles even though our laps are too small for you.
- You enjoy making new friends.
- You are excelling at swimming and so close to getting promoted to the next level.
- Favorite food is pizza but you also love all seafood!
I know I have said this before but I will say it again, it GOES SO FAST!! I cannot believe that the candles on Jude’s cake will show the #9. Happy Birthday Jude! We love you so much and cannot wait to see what this year holds for you. To our Turtle, Buddy and Jude HAVE A GREAT DAY!!