Look, I wish I could tell you that every cute or delicious recipe that I make is completely from scratch but that would be a lie. But, just because I do not want to spend hours in the kitchen doesn’t mean I cannot find easy ways to create some adorable seasonal treats for my kiddos. These precious Snowman Cupcakes are made using a store bought cake mix and store bought frosting and I couldn’t be more pleased with how they turned out.
1 box cake mix
1 to 2 cups vanilla frosting (at least one tub of store bought frosting)
24 chocolate chips (2 for each cupcake)
60 mini chocolate chips (5 for each cupcake)
12 pieces candy corn (1 for each cupcake)
Shaved white chocolate sprinkles (You can also use coconut or white sprinkles.)
Additional Materials Needed:
Large open star tip (Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip)
1. Prepare cupcakes as directed on cake mix box. Let cupcakes cool completely before beginning to decorate.
2. Transfer sprinkles from container to a shallow bowl.
3. Pipe vanilla frosting on each cupcake using an open star tip.
4. Invert the cupcake and roll the icing in the sprinkles to coat.
5. Place a chocolate chip for each eye, the candy corn for the nose, and the mini chocolate chips as the mouth.
6. Let frosting set and serve with a smile!
Adorable Snowman Cupcakes using store bought cake mix and frosting. Perfect for the holiday season.
- 1 box cake mix prepare cupcakes as directed on box
- 1-2 cups vanilla (white) frosting store bought tub
- 24 chocolate chips 2 for each cupcake
- 60 mini chocolate chips 5 for each cupcake
- 12 pieces candy corn 1 for each cupcake
- Shaved white chocolate You can also use coconut or white sprinkles.
- Large open star tip (Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip)
- Piping bags
Prepare cupcakes as directed on the cake mix box. Let cupcakes cool before starting the snowmen decorations.
Transfer shaved white chocolate from container to a shallow bowl.
Pipe vanilla frosting on each cupcake using an open star tip.
Invert the cupcake and roll the icing in the sprinkles to coat.
Place a chocolate chip for each eye, the candy corn for the nose, and the mini chocolate chips as the mouth.
Let frosting set and serve with a smile!
They turned out adorable right? And so simple to make. This really is a great option for those upcoming holiday parties and gatherings that you and your kiddos might be invited too. This time of the year is busy enough, no need to spend hours in the kitchen baking. Instead, find ways like this to still create amazing themed treats without the stress!
Are these adorable snowman cupcakes a seasonal treat that your kids would love to help you make?
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.
Nice idea, easier than most cupcake recipes.
These are very cute. They look like a fun idea to make with my granddaughter.