These easy iced Meyer Lemon cookies are a perfect way to bring a family favorite taste, fresh citrus, to your dessert table! Meyer Lemons add a citrus-y kick to all that you love, including cookies!
Iced Meyer Lemon Cookies
I really enjoy baking with lemons, do not get me wrong, I love a good chocolate cake but there is something so refreshing about enjoying a dessert treat with a twist of citrus! Meyer lemons are a bit sweeter than regular lemons, with a slight orange flavor. They can be used in place of regular lemons in many recipes, just keep in mind that they do contain more sugar and less acid than their sour friends which means they have a softer flavor.
(For the Cookies)
1 3/4 -2 C Flour
1 TBSP Cornstarch
1/4 TSP Salt
1/4 TSP Baking Powder
1/4 TSP Baking Soda
1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
1/2 C Sugar
3 TBSP Lemon Juice, Meyer Lemon
1 TBSP Lemon Zest, Meyer Lemon
1 Large Egg Yolk
(For the Glaze)
2 C Powdered Sugar
2-3 TBSP Lemon Juice, Meyer Lemon
1 TBSP Lemon Zest, Meyer Lemon
1. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Using an electric mixer (set on medium-high) beat the butter and sugar until it turns pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg yolk beating until combined.
5. Lower the mixer speed from medium-high to low.
6. Divide the flour mixture into thirds and begin slowly adding in the first third of the flour, scraping the sides as needed. Repeat this process until all the flour is mixed in.
(Note: Check the dough to make sure that it can hold together. It should not be sticky when touched. If the dough is still sticky slowly add in small amounts of flour until dough is no longer sticky.)
7. Start cutting out cookies using a 2 inch round cookie cutter.
8. Put the cookies on the cookie sheets leaving 1 inch between each cookie.
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown.
10. Allow the baked cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
2. Then mix in the lemon zest.
3. Ice each cookie.
4. Set aside each completed cookie until they are fully set.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
Extra delicious and beautiful cookies that everyone will enjoy. I love how great these turned out and I am excited to make them again for some spring time gatherings. Next time, I am going to try to make the cookies into lemon shaped…because I am a little extra sometimes. HA!!
So, when life hands you some fresh Meyer Lemons…what will you make? Cookies of course!!!
Other Lemon Desserts You Should Try:
Lemon Raspberry Bars – full recipe.
Lemon Berry French Toast Bake – full recipe.
2 Ingredient Lemon Cake (Light) – full recipe.
Grandma’s Lemon Crinkle Cookies – full recipe.
25 Lemon Desserts You Have To Try – see them all here.
What is your favorite lemon dessert recipe?
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.