This decadent peanut butter dessert is such a treat using a family favorite Girl Scout Cookie! A piece of the Tagalong cake will make your day!
A Decadent Tagalong Cake Recipe
I love Girl Scout Cookie season! I have a few favorite cookies that I look forward to every year and the Tagalongs are one of those! The peanut butter and chocolate goodness is such a sweet treat. During this crazy time of being at home for a long period of time I find myself getting the baking bug and want to get into the kitchen and get creative! This Tagalong Cake is not only delicious but super creative!
My Favorite Time Of The Year
Okay, well maybe it isn’t my very favorite time of the year but it is a sweet time of the year – GIRL SCOUT COOKIE TIME!! I grew up selling Girl Scout Cookies, so I have had my fair share of these delicious cookies! Now that the season of buying is over here in Colorado I am savoring my last few boxes (I won’t embarrass myself and admit how many boxes I bought!).
2 boxes of milk chocolate cake mix
2 1/2 Cup whole milk
2 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
6 large eggs
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients
2 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter
3 Cup powder sugar
4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 disposable piping bag with star tip
1 or 2 boxes of Tagalong Cookies
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
1 large squeeze bottle
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray three 9 inch round cake pans with baking spray, set aside.
2. Using a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl, beat all cake ingredients together until fully combined.
3. Divide batter between the three baking pans and bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
4. Allow to cool completely on the counter.
5. Once cooled, remove cakes from cake pan and cut the domes off.
1. Using a standing mixer, combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, peanut butter and vanilla and mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Build Cake Directions
1. Place the first cake layer onto a serving plate.
2. Scoop 1 cup of frosting onto the first layer and smooth out evenly.
3. Place the second layer of cake onto the first layer of frosting.
4. Place another scoop of frosting onto the second layer of cake and smooth evenly.
5. Repeat steps with remaining cake layers.
6. Once all layers have been frosted, frost entire cake.
7. Scoop remaining frosting into a piping bag and set aside.
Chocolate Ganache Directions
1. Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming.
2. While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl.
3. Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips.
4. Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth.
5. Pour ganache into the squeeze bottle.
1. Chop up about half of the tagalong cookies.
2. Using the squeeze bottle, to create a drizzle effect around the top of the cake, squeeze some ganache over the side allow the chocolate ganache to drip down.
3. Pour ganache onto the center of the top of the cake and smooth evenly to coat the top.
4. Sprinkle the tagalong cookies around the edge of the cake.
5. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to allow ganache to harden. Enjoy!
Other Girl Scout Cookie Inspired Desserts You Must Try:
Delicious Girl Scout Inspired Tagalong Cake
This is something special! The peanut butter and chocolate combination is a favorite, of course. While this cake is not an easy or quick recipe, it is one that will please a crowd. Gather up your favorite cookies and get into the kitchen with your family. This is a a fun cake to make together with the kids. And even better to enjoy as a family.
HAVE YOU CREATED ANY GIRL SCOUT COOKIE INSPIRED DESSERTS? SHARE THOSE DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH ME PLEASE!
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.