This time of the year is all about those fun and yummy treats. I am super excited to share these adorable Melting Snowman Cookies with you today. Not only are the delicious and easy to make but they are ADORABLE!
Melting Snowman Cookies
Your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe (enough to make a dozen round cookies – about 2 inches in diameter)
5-6 oz. white fondant
Cornstarch for rolling
½ stick butter, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
Miniature chocolate chips
12 miniature peanut butter cup
6 mini pretzel sticks
1 oz. orange fondant
Yields: One dozen decorated cookies
1. Before starting the decorating process, ensure that your cookies are completely cool.
2. Begin with your white fondant décor: roll out your white fondant so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
3. Use the same cookie cutter that you used for your cookies and cut out 12 circles.
4. With a paring knife, give each fondant circle a unique shape – the snowman needs to look like it’s melting so have fun giving it each a different shape!
5. Press your shaped-fondant onto each cookie.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk. Beat on medium, gradually increasing the speed to high. Once completely mixed, scoop in a piping bag and pipe out one ½ inch circle on each cookie. This will be your snowman’s head.
7. Place one peanut butter cup on each cookie, right on top of the buttercream. Decorate with eyes and buttons using chocolate chips.
8. For the arms, break each pretzel stick in half and place on either side of each cookie.
9. Pinch off small pieces of orange fondant and shape into triangles. Place on the face of each snowman.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Holiday Baking Made Fun!
These are the cutest treats that would be perfect for any holiday gathering or classroom party this season. I love that they can be made using mostly store bought ingredients, semi homemade cooking and baking is my favorite way to enjoy my kitchen! Keep in mind that you can also personalize these cookies by adding different colored fondant and candies for the buttons.
Get creative and have fun this holiday season with these yummy and adorable melting snowman cookies.
If you love snowmen as much as I do, make sure you also check out these adorable snowman cupcakes that can be made using all store bought ingredients.