Before we close 2018 forever, I wanted to share some of our top posts of 2018. I really love looking back on what I shared over the year and what my readers enjoyed the most. I was excited to see such a wide variety of top posts this year. Not just food or DIY! How fun!
Our Top Posts of 2018
1. Cheesy Baked Zucchini Veggie Spirals Casserole. One of my biggest issues with my kids is finding that perfect meal that is healthy and kid approved. I have found that if I make our favorite family pasta recipes but instead of pasta I use these Veggie Spirals the kids eat them up with no complaints and boom veggie intake for the day is done! This is probably one of our favorite and easiest dinnertime recipes we use the Veggie Spirals in. Check this out, again, super easy and a healthier version of a pasta dish.
Find this delicious Cheesy Baked Zucchini Veggie Spirals Casserole recipe here.
2. Think Pink Girl’s Night In. This Think Pink Girl’s Night In party idea will have your besties asking you to be the hostess every weekend! Need some inspiration to host a Galentine’s Day gathering? Enjoy two deliciously pink recipes and ideas for making your girls night in perfect!
3. It’s Just A Boy Thing – Teaching Your Boys Personal Boundaries. Time to talk about it…It’s Just A Boy Thing – Teaching Your Boys Personal Boundaries. Check out these simple but helpful tips for teaching personal boundaries to your boys. This post brought a lot of discussion and it has been one of my top parenting posts ever!
Read my thoughts on boys and personal boundaries here.
4. Vibrant Summer Hair + Floral Hair Clip Tutorial. I went vibrant for summer! Colored my hair for the first time in years and created a hair clip that was perfect for summertime.
Get more info on this hair color and DIY tutorial for an easy floral hair clip here.
5. Falling Asleep Hacks Every Woman Must Know. What happened to us all? Why is getting a good night’s sleep so difficult all of a sudden. Well it could be something to do with the fast-paced nature of modern life, with all its distractions and all its screens, so very many screens. That said there are a few little hacks I’ve found that that can have a big impact on how well you sleep.
I will let you in on a few not-so-obvious sleep tips you can find here.
6. Care Basket For The New College Student Mom. Sending your child off to school can be exciting and a big step in the direction of adulthood, however, when that school becomes college it is a HUGE challenge for some parents to deal with the change. Creating a special care basket for the new college student mom is always a great way to show that you are thinking of them during this big life change.
See the meaningful care basket I created for my friend here.
7. Thermos Tips & Tricks. Revamp your lunchbox routine with these Thermos Tips and Tricks. A simple thermos gives a lot of meal options for you to enjoy while away from a refrigerator. Use these tips and tricks for safely using your thermos to enjoy all kinds of food and drinks away from home.
8. Instant Pot Pineapple Pork Tenderloin. Weeknight meals do not have to take a lot of time and they can be home cooked, fresh and delicious – what a concept right? This Instant Pot Pineapple Pork Tenderloin recipe will have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. Full of flavor and kid approved.
Give this easy and delicious pineapple pork tenderloin recipe a try.
9. Make Your Own Suncatcher Paint. Did you know you can make your own suncatcher paint using food coloring and glue? This budget friendly creation was a hit at Teagan’s birthday party.
10. 6 Tips For Growing Long Hair. Styles change and sometimes we feel the need to go from shot hair to long hair but how do we do that quickly?
11. Ham Tetrazzini. We love leftovers and after the holidays we always seem to have ham. I decided to create a delicious and easy recipe using our favorite honey baked ham and pasta. I made this dish in about 30 minutes, prep included. I have added this recipe to our normal meal rotation even when we do not have left over ham. It will be so easy to pick up all of these ingredients and throwing this in the skillet on a busy week night plus it cant easily be doubled and it is the perfect leftover lunch option!
12. 10 Family Friendly Camping Areas In Colorado. Start planning your summer outdoor adventures by securing a spot at one of these family friendly camping areas in Colorado.
And that folks…is all I have for 2018!! Woohoo!! Bring on 2019!!
Let me know in the comments which of these top posts is your favorite and what you hope to find on Building Our Story in 2019! Happy New Year!!
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.