I love taking long, hot, relaxing baths. But what makes those baths even better is a great bath bomb. Teagan agrees with my love of bath bombs and baths so I decided to make some pretty Pink Fizzing Bath Bombs for us both to enjoy this winter season. I had no idea how easy it was to make your own fizzing bath bombs but these turned out perfect and I cannot wait to make more!
Make Your Own Pink Fizzing Bath Bombs
1⁄2 cup cornstarch
1⁄2 cup citric acid
1⁄2 cup Epsom salt
1 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon Mica powdered soap dye, if desired
10 drops essential oil
2 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon water
8 to 10 bath bomb molds
1. In a large bowl, whisk together cornstarch, citric acid, salt, baking soda, and mica powder. If making more than one color, divide the mixture into separate bowls.
2. In a small measuring cup, whisk together essential oil, coconut oil, and water.
Note: If making more than one color, divide the mixture into separate bowls.
3. Very slowly (to avoid as much fizzing as possible) add the water solution to the dry ingredients. Stir and mash together until it resembles sand.
4. Immediately transfer bath bomb mixture into bath bomb molds, pressing mixture tightly into each side and adding a little to overflow each side of the mold. Press the mold together, twisting until closed.
5. Allow bath bombs to rest (and dry) for at least 24 hours.
6. To remove the bath bombs from the molds, tap the outside of the mold gently. Then, twist each side of the mold and pull to remove the bath bomb.
7. To give as a gift, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or place in an airtight jar.
Not only can these be completely customization but they are a great gift idea. I used a rose essential oil for this batch but plan on creating a lavender batch with a nice purple soap dye. There is still time to order supplies to use these as great DIY gifts this holiday season! Everyone deserves a little relaxing bath with a fizzing bath bomb!
Check out these great DIY Salt and Sugar Scrub Recipes:
Lavender Vanilla Salt Scrub
Orange Sugar Scrub
Margarita Salt Scrub
Orange and Cinnamon Hand Scrub
What color and scent would you like to try first?
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.
Dana Rodriguez says
This is such a great idea! I think they would make a wonderful gift!