Introducing Kira!! The newest doll to the American Girl Doll of Year collection. As a lover of all things American Girl, you better believe Teagan was anxiously waiting to hear all about Kira!
Disclosure: We were provided with a free American Girl Doll and Accessories in exchange for this post. No other compensation was provided.
Cultivating Creativity With American Girl
During this crazy season of life, Teagan has continued to find joy in playing with her American Girl dolls. She loves creating crafts and props for them but mostly, she LOVES doing their hair and changing them into fun outfits. While this last year has been quite a challenge, I have also seen how this extra time at home has allowed both of my kids to get creative and PLAY! This is why I really enjoy American Girl, they are constantly coming up with new stories, dolls, props and accessories to keep kids playing!
Introducing Kira! 2021 American Girl Doll of the Year!
Every year American Girl announces a new girl to add the American Girl of the Year collection. When the company started teasing this announcement over the holidays, we were so excited! We made sure we were ready for the live announcement because both Teagan and I had some ideas about this new doll of the year!
Kira is thrilled when she gets to spend a month at her aunt’s Bailey Wildlife Sanctuary in Australia helping care for koalas, wombats, and kangaroos. She’s always loved caring for animals, but it’s not all cuddles with cute joeys. When the baby wombats escape and there’s a predator on the loose, it’s up to Kira and her new friend Alexis to attempt a midnight rescue in the Australian bush!
American Girl – Kira Bailey
- The 18” Kira doll has green eyes and long, wavy blond hair that can be brushed and styled. It comes styled in a half-up twist with long loose curls.
- A tie-dye tank top that ties in the front and has embroidered decoration on the shoulders
- A green pleated skirt with buttons up the side
- A pair of brown lace-up boots that are tough enough for bushwalking
- A pair of purple socks
- A purple wraparound bracelet
- The Kira Down Under paperback book
Check Out Kira’s Accessories Too!
- A multicolored outdoor backpack with a top flap opening and side pockets to carry everything she needs for fieldwork in the bush
- A koala keychain that attaches to her backpack to remind her of Bean, the orphaned koala joey she works with at the veterinary clinic
- A brown hat with a purple ribbon band that keeps the sun off her face when she’s working outside
- Two postcards with Australia graphics on the front and notes to her friends back home on the back
- Two photos of animals she’s helping care for at the animal sanctuary: a koala and a kangaroo
American Girl Books
Another great thing about American Girl is that they always tie books into their doll’s story. This is how I was first introduced to American Girl growing up. I never owned an American Girl doll but I did read all of the historical books with my mom. As Teagan gets older, I am super excited to continue this tradition with her. Each doll has a handful of books that helps tell the story around the time period or situation the doll is in.
This is a great way to get kids excited to read too. Settle in with your American Girl doll and jump into a great story.
Excited To Have Kira In Our American Girl Family
Once we were introduced to Kira on the live event, we anxiously waited for Kira to be delivered and when she was….it was pure excitement. Kira has beautiful hair, fun accessories and we are loving the cute hiking boots. For me, Australia has always been a place I have wanted to visit. Learning about Kira has given me the opportunity to share that information with Teagan too. We have learned about Australia and now we both are hoping that one day we can make a trip!!
Check Out Our Other American Girl Coverage:
STAY SOCIAL WITH AMERICAN GIRL: