Introducing American Girl Samantha Parkington to Teagan was such a fun experience. Excited to share this gift to remember from American Girl. Celebrating 35 years!
Disclosure: We were provided with a free American Girl Doll and Accessories in exchange for this post. No other compensation was provided.
Connecting With Teagan With American Girl
The holiday season is full of traditions, including the creation of wish lists. When I saw Teagan’s top item on her wish list and heard her ask Santa at the mall for that wish I knew exactly what her gift needed to be for 2021 Christmas morning! A few years ago, I introduced Teagan to the “old” American Girl characters. We got my original American Girl books out and started learning all about my favorites; Samantha and Kirsten. Teagan decided that her favorite was Samantha.
The moment we opened the American Girl catalog and saw that the 35th Anniversary historical dolls were available Teagan began wishing and hoping for her very own. Look, I will be honest, so did I! I always wanted one of my own American Girl Doll growing up! I make sure Teagan realizes how blessed she is to have these opportunities to play with these dolls at 9 years old!
Meet Samantha Parkington
Samantha was one of the first six dolls introduced by The Pleasant Company, now American Girl. We’re celebrating the 35th anniversary of her launch with this special collection, which includes:
- A Samantha doll almost just like the original doll from 1986—she even has a neck string! She has light-brown eyes and wavy dark-brown hair with bangs
- A checked taffeta dress with a pleated front, puff sleeves, and a ribbon belt with a buckle at the waist
- A pair of white cotton bloomers with an elastic waist
- A pair of black rib-knit tights
- A pair of black Mary Jane shoes
- A wide hairbow made of the same taffeta as her dress
- A plush burgundy hat trimmed with ribbon
- A pink velvet purse with a gold clasp and chain
- A white lace-trimmed hankie embroidered with flowers
- A golden metal bow-shaped brooch with a heart pendant
- A reproduction penny from her time in a paper envelope
- A Meet Samantha paperback book with the original book design
A Christmas Morning To Remember
I wish I could explain the excitement I saw on Teagan’s face on Christmas morning. She was so excited to hold Samantha! I think because we have discussed that Samantha was one of the first American Girl Dolls she has treated Samantha so gentle. This Samantha doll is absolutely beautiful. I adore the simple touches and the traditional look that I so loved as a young girl reading her story with mom.
Sharing this with Teagan is something I will hold close to my heart forever! It really is so special how a brand like American Girl has created such a bond between generations in our family.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER AMERICAN GIRL COVERAGE: